In high school I became fascinated
with electronic music, and began DJ-ing. Over the next four years I had played
multiple parties around the area. I became bored with simply mixing songs
together, so I bought Ableton to allow me to better express my creativity. In
the three years I have moved into the production side, and have been creating tracks and growing my collection of music. I
have gained a following through social media and soundcloud (ayyyy lmao). One of the biggest
achievements of this project was that all equipment, software, and other
materials I use have been paid for by money earned from playing shows. One of
the most rewarding parts of this experience has been seeing and hearing the
enjoyment of my fans and listeners. Music is undoubtedly my passion, and I am
proud that I became active and involved myself in it. I feel most engaged when
I am able to express creativity and think outside the box.
Here is what I believe to be the keys
to becoming successful in this industry:
In order to obtain the goal of
becoming a successful artist in the industry, build off your existing strengths
first and foremost and use these as a ladder to climb ahead. Having open
creativity and social skills are vital and only add to the ability of being
groundbreaking, while still remaining professional. Its also important to seriously
have an in depth understanding of your tools in order to maximize your
capabilities. Don’t be afraid to address your weaknesses and continue striving
to improve your overall knowledge of music, as well as industry current events.
Be fearless, be dedicated, and confront and eliminate any threats presented to
the goal or vision you have. The more time you invest, the better the outcome and
results will be. Your vision lies in a plane of opportunity, endless
possibilities are awaiting the creative and innovative.
No comments:
Post a Comment