Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Direct Request...

Ever not get what you want when dealing with big brand companies? A direct request letter is an effective, to the point method which might provide some benefits if constructed carefully. Check out this letter I wrote to Apple, lets just say… I got my way….

Tom Nalon
(630)-956-6118
tnalon92@gmail.com
6/27/2013

Dear Mr. Tim Cook -
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to listen to your loyal customers suggestion. Apple makes the greatest technological products in the world, and continues to be the leading innovators in the market. The IPhone has changed the lives of countless people thanks in part to the creative design and functionality which you have so carefully crafted into your product. When using the phone it is hard to imagine many altercations or improvements that could be made to provide a more enriching and enjoyable experience. However, I would like to bring to your attention one significant issue that has plagued many of your most dedicated users.
While the iPhone is uncomparable in style to any other smart phone on the market, it's fragility is equally unmatched. A truly responsible user would treat this beautiful product with extraordinary care, but many including myself sometimes fail to protect the device which we utilize on a daily basis. On multiple occasions I have dropped my iPhone, and even with an overly protective case the damage that results is seemingly unavoidable. I am requesting that you and your design team focus and emphasize on building a stronger model for your next release.
With prices for the phone being quite high, especially for non-contract or non-warranty purchases, your customers need a device that can withstand the wear and tear of daily use with ease. Many Apple supporters are willing to put this issue aside explaining that ultimately the user is responsible for the care of the product. This is correct to some extent, but after dropping, breaking and paying for my phone a third time, I am not quite sure if I can continue supporting my Apple obsession.
In the end your product will always be loved and perhaps the all time favorite for anyone who has used it, but here are a few reasons justifying my rational. College students and lower income workers have just as much love for your product as everyone else, yet many feel excluded because they can not afford to keep your product. Your warranty is relatively fair, and I have not experienced better customer service from any retail store. But not being able to cover physical damage on a product so fragile is the slightest bit unfair to your customers.
Making this sort of change to your product would only expand your market of customers. Perhaps even covering damaged iPhones under warranty would also add to your credibility. You have crafted a beautiful product that your audience loves. We as loyal customers only hope that such improvements can be made so we can all benefit in the end.
Sincerely, Tom Nalon


No comments:

Post a Comment